Chickpea filling for sandwich and vegan wrap
Written by : Jasmine Cuisine
Published on : 10-01-2020
Jasmine Cuisine offers us a Chickpea Topping for sandwich and wrap.
- 1 can 540 ml chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3 green onions (green parts only), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons small pickled sweet pickles, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons old-fashioned mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons of MamaYo vegetable mayonnaise! (or more, to taste)
- In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas with a potato masher until they are flaky, with more mashed portions.
- Add celery, green onions, sweet pickles, orange pepper and garlic. Mix. Add mustard, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix.
- Add the vegetable mayonnaise and mix with the rest of the ingredients to coat them well.
- Add more mayonnaise for a creamier spread.
Serve as a wrap, in a sandwich, on crackers, or as a garnish on a green salad.